Вход на сайт

Просмотр новости

Найдите то, что Вас интересует

Emotional moment comedian Celeste Barber reveals why The Project axing is 'loss' to the arts - as hard hitting news show replacing it is revealed

Дата публикации: 18-06-2025 15:47:40

Celeste Barber has shared an emotional moment with the outgoing cast of The Project after the show was axed. 

Основное содержимое страницы с новостью.

Celeste Barber has shared an emotional moment with the outgoing cast of The Project after the show was axed. 

The comedian said she strong-armed her way onto the show after learning it was in its final days. 

The 43-year-old said she wanted to express how important the show was to comedians and people in the arts like herself.  

'I actually nudged my way in to come onto the show tonight, everyone. I wasn't meant to be on, but when I heard that you guys aren't going to be around for much longer, I wanted to come on and say hi' she said. 

'I know other people have said it, there is no other show that does what you guys do. There is no other show that supports the arts, supports touring comedians in this country, there just isn't.

From A-list scandals and red carpet mishaps to exclusive pictures and viral moments, subscribe to the DailyMail's new showbiz newsletter to stay in the loop.

Celeste Barber (pictured) has shared an emotional moment with the outgoing cast of The Project after the show was axed

'I appreciate it and I hate interviews, I hate them. I never do them. I really don't like them, but I always love coming here and talking with you guys.

'It means the world that you have always got me on. All through the weird stuff that I do' Celeste added.

Her comments drew 'awws' from the show's panel of hosts, who were clearly moved. 

The Project was officially axed after 16 years last week, and will air its final episode on June 27.

Network 10 announced the news last Monday, sharing a post to Facebook thanking viewers for their support before announcing the show's replacement.

Hosts Waleed Aly, Sarah Harris and Hamish Macdonald will also reportedly exit the network, while comedian Sam Taunton will continue his guest appearances on other Ten shows.

The news show, which has been in a ratings free-fall since Carrie Bickmore left her seat as host at the end of 2022, has aired 'nearly 4,500 episodes' to date and will wrap up in three weeks.

Daily Mail Australia previously revealed The Project was under review and set to be axed on March 16.

The comedian said she strong-armed her way onto the show after learning it was in its final days. The 43-year-old said she wanted to express how important the show was to comedians and people in the arts like herself

Her comments drew 'awws' from the show's panel of hosts, who were clearly moved. Pictured: Sarah Harris 

After announcing The Project was ending, Ten then released another statement announcing a news program will be replacing the axed show.

'Network 10 will be introducing a revised early evening program schedule later this month,' a spokesperson said.

'At the core of the changes will be an expansion of Network 10's successful news coverage, with the launch of a new national one-hour 6pm news, current affairs and insights program six days a week to complement 10's one-hour 5pm local news bulletins.

'This reflects the successful growth in audiences to Network 10 local news bulletins and coverage. Our focus continues to be on serving our free-to-air audiences with more of the content they are increasingly watching.'

The new show taking over the slot left behind by the axing of The Project has dropped its first trailer. 

Channel Ten has shared a glimpse of their upcoming 'classy' current affairs show called 10 News+ in a teaser trailer posted to social media on Tuesday night. 

In the clip, hosts Denham Hitchcock and Amelia Brace promise to deliver 'trust and truth' and put the 'truth first' in their reporting on the new show, which begins airing on Monday, June 30 at 6pm, after the five o'clock news bulletin. 

'After 30 years as an on the road journalist, travelling to every corner of the globe, two things are constant - trust and the truth' Hitchcock said. 

The new show taking over the slot left behind by the axing of The Project has dropped its first trailer. Channel Ten has shared a glimpse of their upcoming 'classy' current affairs program called 10 News+(pictured) in a teaser trailer posted to social media on Tuesday night

'Covering news can really throw you into the thick of it. You get to see an experience history unfolding' Brace added.

'Now together, we’re bringing you 10 News+ at six from Monday, June 30' Hitchcock announced. 

A preview of what the show will have on offer was then related by Brace, including 'a political party torn apart, conflicts causing chaos, bills pushing families to the brink. 

'If it affects your life, we will ask the tough questions' the pair promised. 

Схожие новости

#Наименование новостиТональностьИнформативностьДата публикации
1Comedian Celeste Barber launches scathing tirade against Netflix after her Wellmania series gets axed: 'This industry is bulls**t'05.231-10-2023
2Comedian Celeste Barber shares sad confession as she reveals how she has been forced to relive childhood trauma06.9421-05-2025
3Vindication for Celeste Barber as Wellmania tops Netflix Australia's most watched list… after the streaming giant cancelled it after one season06.6613-12-2023
4Their break-up seemed to come out of nowhere... Now, Celeste Barber's 'hot husband' Api Robin tells the Mail he's 'done plenty of therapy' as all-too-familiar reason for split becomes clear010.7909-05-2026
5Celeste Barber reveals she's 'spiralling' months after split from husband Api Robin05.4328-06-2026
6Celeste Barber fans rip into comedian for 'going against everything she stands for' in 'heavily photoshopped' magazine cover: 'She became what she mocked'05.7920-08-2025
7Inside Celeste Barber's VERY chic bachelorette pad following her split from 'hot' husband Api Robin07.905-04-2026
8Celeste Barber appears to send a scathing message to her ex-husband Api Robin as she sings iconic breakup song about a former lover who has moved on with someone new08.3424-03-2026
9Celeste Barber breaks her Instagram silence after her shock split with 'hot husband' Api Robin05.6319-02-2026
10Countdown's Anne Robinson says she'd be sacked from The Weakest Link now because society is 'woke'012.2429-06-2021

Классификация: Культура. Схожих патентов: 0. Схожих новостей: 10. Тональность: 0. Информативность: 5.63. Источник: www.dailymail.co.uk.