Police were repeatedly warned that a 'hit list' of migrant addresses was being circulated ahead of the riots in Belfast this week.
By KRISTINA WEMYSS, GENERAL NEWS REPORTER
Published: 06:23 EDT, 12 June 2026 | Updated: 06:58 EDT, 12 June 2026
Police were repeatedly warned that a 'hit list' of migrant addresses was being circulated ahead of the riots in Belfast this week.
The details are understood to have been shared within far-Right circles since August 2025, and were first reported to police in January this year.
The addresses were among those targeted during this week’s anti-immigration riots, which broke out after the stabbing of Stephen Ogilvie, 44.
Sudanese refugee Hadi Alodid, 30, appeared in court over the attack on Wednesday and has been charged with attempted murder.
Protests over the stabbing have caused chaos in Belfast, with houses and cars burned night after night.
It came after a volunteer group that monitors anti-immigration activity online sent dozens of reports to the Police Service of Northern Ireland (PSNI) over the past eight months.
A PSNI inspector was emailed a screenshot of a hitlist in January, according to The Guardian.
Campaigners say a similar list has been circulated on social media and messaging apps in recent days. And the PSNI warned earlier this week against the sharing of home addresses, adding that doing so had left families and residents ‘extremely distressed’.
On Tuesday night, Lendrick Road in east Belfast was engulfed in flames after fires leapt from cars to houses
The volunteer group, Accountability Project Northern Ireland, first warned in April that far-Right figures were starting to focus on houses in multiple occupation (HMOs), saying the properties housed ‘foreigners’ and people ‘not from here’.
Residents were being described as ‘fighting-age males’ who could be ‘rapists’ and ‘murderers’, and there were calls for people to ‘start making a stand’.
Further reports documented weekly anti-HMO protests, increasing references to a ‘busy summer’, and efforts to target estate agents and property events.
They also cited a Facebook post stating that HMOs in the Glengormley area ‘will now be treated as fair game and dealt with accordingly’.
It continued: ‘Anyone caught funding or helping these animals in being housed will be condemned as equally guilty.’
Glengormley was among the areas affected by anti-immigration disorder over the past few days.
The reports, of which there were around 50 sent to the PSNI, also focused heavily on the Newtownabbey area, north of Belfast, which has been at the centre of some of the most serious riots.
The scene on Wednesday night in Glengormley, where police fired water cannons and rubber bullets at mobs of masked protesters
A bungalow stands burnt-out after it was torched by protesters, near where they tried to march on an asylum hotel
An Accountability Project spokesman said: ‘I have seen the so-called hit list currently circulating in Belfast, and I recognised it immediately as the same list sent to the PSNI in January.
‘The fact that concerns about escalation were raised months ago, yet some of the streets named have now been attacked, raises serious questions about whether those warnings were acted upon.’
In an email sent to the same PSNI inspector on June 5, the group said that some people from minority ethnic backgrounds were stockpiling food amid escalating tensions. The PSNI did not respond.
Three days later, the riots broke out, which Mr Ogilvie’s family have condemned.
At least 200 extra officers were drafted in from the British mainland yesterday to help manage the violent clashes.
The PSNI was contacted for comment.