Вход на сайт

Просмотр новости

Найдите то, что Вас интересует

Aces being offered $10M to play, beat boys HS team by OutKick founder Clay Travis

Дата публикации: 04-08-2026 17:50:08

The conservative media personality is offering the reigning WNBA champions $10 million if they can beat a boys high school basketball state championship team.

Основное содержимое страницы с новостью.

Mick Akers

/ Las Vegas Review-Journal

August 4, 2026 - 10:50 am

Conservative media personality Clay Travis has offered the reigning WNBA champion Las Vegas Aces $10 million if they can beat a boys high school basketball state championship team.

Travis, founder of media platform OutKick, said Monday he wants to stage a game between the three-time WNBA champion Aces against a state champion boys high school basketball squad of his choice on pay-per-view with an increased $10 million prize going to the winning team, according to his posts on X.

“This will be the most money ever paid to win a single basketball game,” Travis posted. “A modern-day battle of the sexes. $10 million to the winning team.”

On Tuesday, Travis said via X, that high school basketball teams from across the country were reaching out to him looking to be the team that would play the Aces in the proposed game.

The Aces and WNBA didn’t immediately respond to a Review-Journal request for comment on Travis’ offer.

The offer was made as Travis was pushing the WNBA to comment on its stance on whether players, regardless of sex assigned at birth, can play in the league.

The subject has been amplified since Indiana Fever guard Sophie Cunningham told ESPN last month, “I want to protect young girls in a locker room, or young girls in sport who shouldn’t have to go against biological men.” The comments have since sparked debate around the league.

Travis claims that the silence of the Aces and WNBA since he made the offer Monday is evidence enough that only players whose sex was assigned at birth is female should be allowed to play in the league.

This wasn’t the first time Travis made such a proposal. In 2023, he offered $1 million to the then two-time champion Aces over his criticism of the league’s quality of play.

“A good, state championship-caliber high school boys team would smoke the best team in the WNBA,” he said then.

Aces guard Chelsea Gray answered by calling him a “dumb(expletive)” on X.

Contact Mick Akers at makers@reviewjournal.com or 702-387-2920. Follow @mickakers on X.

Схожие новости

#Наименование новостиТональностьИнформативностьДата публикации
1'Las Vegas Jacks' ownership group says it will bid $8B for NBA franchise0508-07-2026
2Aces can clinch a playoff berth sooner than you think: Breaking down their magic number and playoff scenarios07.1905-08-2026
3Eirolīgas kluba īpašniekam neparasta ideja – 100 tūkstošu piedāvājums Rodmenam par meistarklasi012.1812-08-2026
4Victor Wembanyama could leave millions on table for Spurs0510-07-2026
5Боксеру Тиму Цзю предложили $1 млн за бой против Зерафы0004-04-2021
6NBA Europe Bids Top $500M in Each of 12 Target Cities5730-06-2026
7Klassiska klubben säljs – för 100 miljarder5719-06-2025
8СМИ: НБА рассматривает возможность проведения внутрисезонного турнира0013-09-2021
9WNBA: Investigation into Aces sponsorship deal was inconclusive07.7426-07-2026
10Inside NBA Europe’s Revenue, Equity Structure at Bid Deadline0729-06-2026

Классификация: Спорт. Схожих патентов: 0. Схожих новостей: 10. Тональность: 0. Информативность: 10.36. Источник: www.reviewjournal.com.