Вход на сайт

Просмотр новости

Найдите то, что Вас интересует

Strictly Come Dancing's Amy Dowden reveals why she's hasn't spoken to Thomas Skinner since Christmas as he prepares for explosive TV comeback

Дата публикации: 04-02-2026 18:11:34

The professional dancer, 35, was paired with The Apprentice star, 35, for the 23rd series of the BBC show last year.

Основное содержимое страницы с новостью.

Strictly Come Dancing's Amy Dowden has revealed why she's hasn't spoken to Thomas Skinner since Christmas as he prepares for his explosive TV comeback.

The professional dancer, 35, was paired with The Apprentice star, 35, for the 23rd series of the BBC show last year. 

Amy and Thomas, who shot to fame on the BBC show in 2019, were up against the likes of Karen CarneyGeorge ClarkeAmber Davies and Balvinder Sopal – but were unfortunately the first to be voted out of the competition. 

Back in December Amy admitted that she was ‘gutted’ that Thomas missed the Strictly finale, and had actually spoken to him before the live show. 

However, they haven't chatted since. 

Speaking to The Mirror at the TV Choice Awards earlier this week, Amy said: 'We haven’t spoken recently – we’ve both been so busy. 

Strictly Come Dancing's Amy Dowden has revealed why she hasn't spoken to Thomas Skinner since Christmas as he prepares for his explosive TV comeback 

The professional dancer, 35, was paired with The Apprentice star, 35, for the 23rd series of the BBC show last year

Back in December Amy admitted that she was ‘gutted’ that Thomas missed the Strictly finale, and had actually spoken to him before the live show – but they haven't chatted since

'But we caught up just before Christmas, to wish each other well.' 

Chatting on Lorraine late last year, Amy told presenter Lorraine Kelly: 'So the last time I spoke to him was on Thursday. He didn't mention it [suing the BBC]. Sent me some messages.'

It comes after it was revealed that there could be some fresh frustration in store for the BBC as Thomas's claims against Strictly are 'brought back to screens'. 

Market trader Thomas took to the floor of the BBC's prime-time dance competition in 2025. 

Following his appearance on the series alongside professional dance partner Amy, the TV star hit out against the broadcaster claiming the voting on the series had been 'rigged' to see him go home. 

Threatening to sue to BBC, Thomas admitted he was 'seeking legal advice' after he claimed 'BBC bosses rigged official voting figures'.

Now, the fallout could resurface again as the businessman is set to return to screens with his own reality TV documentary looking into his life, according to The Sun

The show, which is yet to be linked to a channel, is thought to look at how Thomas has supported political party Reform UK, including meeting US Vice President JD Vance at a BBQ last year.  

There could be some fresh heartache in store for the BBC as Thomas Skinner's claims against Strictly Come Dancing are 'brought back to screens'

Market trader Thomas, 34, who rose to fame on The Apprentice in 2019, took to the floor of the BBC's prime-time dance competition in 2025 alongside Amy 

Sources told the publication: 'Execs are likely to clamour to bag the show once it’s completed.

'Thomas is a popular figure who has had the busiest six months of his life filled with everything from politics to the cha-cha-cha.

'He’s been inspired by so many fly on the wall and At Home With... shows, particularly The Osbournes.'

Given the series will follow Thomas' life, it's thought it will address his time on Strictly – including his threats made towards the show after his exit.

Last month Thomas doubled down on his claim that the Strictly voting was rigged to boot him off the show while on Good Morning Britain.

During the interview, the reality star caught up with Susanna Reid, 55, and Ed Balls, 58.

Ed asked the reality star in the studio: 'Some of our viewers who will think that you still believe the vote was rigged against you? Is that what you believe?'

Threatening to sue to BBC, Thomas admitted he was 'seeking legal advice' after he claimed that 'BBC bosses rigged official voting figures'

Now, the fallout could resurface again as the businessman is set to return to screens with his own reality documentary show looking into his life

Thomas – who shot to fame on The Apprentice in 2019 – told the hosts: 'Look, listen, all I am going to say is I've got a lot of bad noise in the press, I was front page every day, it wasn't good for the show.

'I know I can't dance, I know I can't dance. I enjoyed dancing with Amy because she's an absolute legend. 

'All I'm going to say is whenever I put something on social media, I get like 20 million views and about 200,000 likes. Do you know what I mean?' 

Susanna read out that the BBC said: 'Strictly Come Dancing's public vote is independently overseen and verified to ensure complete accuracy every week.' 

Last year Thomas said on X: 'On the night I left the show, I received an anonymous email claiming to be from a BBC exec with stats, saying I’d received far more votes than it appeared and it wasn’t right. I’ve since had the email independently verified.' 

It was later reported an independent poll showed the star received just 1.4% of the public vote, despite his claims he received an anonymous email of evidence proving otherwise.

The exit poll of 125k viewers was conducted by website Strictly Spoiler and is completely separate from the BBC main vote. 

The poll showed 'clear evidence of his unpopularity' after he received just 1,805 votes, the lowest of all the contestants. 

The Apprentice star took part in the 23rd series of the BBC dance competition alongside partner Amy Dowden, 35

Thomas Skinner has doubled down on the claim that the Strictly Come Dancing voting was rigged to boot him off show while on Tuesday's episode of Good Morning Britain

A source told The Mirror at the time: 'The poll... comprehensively shows that Skinner was the least popular contestant by a long way. There is no conspiracy. These are the cold, hard facts.' 

Thomas and Amy scored 29 out of 80 over two shows and landed in the bottom two with former rugby player Chris Robshaw, who was eventually saved by the judges.

A BBC spokesman said last month: 'Strictly Come Dancing's public vote is independently overseen and verified to ensure complete accuracy every week. Any claims to the contrary are entirely without foundation. 

'Unfortunately, despite requests for it, Mr Skinner is yet to share the email he references with anyone from the BBC so we are unable to comment on it.'

In addition, PromoVeritas – the company who independently verify the Strictly public vote – said: 'All votes are independently and comprehensively verified by two auditors. We can confirm that all votes received are validated. This has been the case every week.'

Thomas also opened up about his unlikely friendship with the US Vice President JD Vance, 41, while on GMB.

The US vice-president, 41, is pals with none other than Thomas Skinner (pictured), 34, and even invited him to hang out 

'Basically he sent me a message on Instagram or Twitter, he said I love your videos, I love your motivation,' Thomas explained to the hosts. 'I'm a bit of a fan, can we meet up for a pint when I come to the UK?'

He travelled to the Cotswolds with his family and had a nice day out with them, and then in the evening changed into a suit, was picked up and they went to David Cameron's old house. 

'There was a local pub he wanted to try, but he didn't want to shut the pub down so he employed the people to cook the food in the house, in the garden,' Thomas recalled.

Thomas previously wrote on X: 'When the Vice President of the USA invites you for a BBQ and beers, you say yes. 

'Unreal night with JD and his friends n family. He was a proper gent. Lots of laughs and some fantastic food. A brilliant night, one to tell the grand kids about mate. Bosh.'

Схожие новости

#Наименование новостиТональностьИнформативностьДата публикации
1Amy Dowden 'gutted' that Thomas Skinner missed Strictly Come Dancing finale amid BBC fix row - as she reveals devastating bereavement she suffered days before returning to ballroom013.222-12-2025
2Strictly Come Dancing star Amy Dowden heaps praise on 'lovely' Thomas Skinner as she prepares for new partnership with under-fire Apprentice star and dismayed fans claim she 'deserved better'010.421-09-2025
3Thomas Skinner DOUBLES DOWN on claim Strictly Come Dancing voting was rigged to boot him off show because he brought 'bad noise' to competition in defiant Good Morning Britain interview012.3413-01-2026
4Thomas Skinner insists 'I won't be cancelled' and claims his beleaguered wife has forgiven him despite new allegations that his 'one-time' affair lasted for THREE months - hours after fans savaged his Strictly debut011.1621-09-2025
5Thomas Skinner is the first celebrity to be voted off Strictly Come Dancing after leaving viewers 'traumatised' with his latest performance - as devastated Amy Dowden thanks him for 'bringing her back'010.0606-10-2025
6Thomas Skinner urges BBC star Peter Levy to 'stick to the autocue' in brutal social media response after newsreader claimed he 'felt sorry' for his Strictly partner Amy Dowden010.0521-09-2025
7Strictly Come Dancing stars 'unite in support' of Thomas Skinner amid claims from fans bosses 'want him out first' from BBC ballroom08.7102-10-2025
8Strictly's 'talentless' cheating Thomas Skinner and loveable Amy Dowden branded show's 'most head-scratching pairing ever' as body language expert delivers her verdict08.7122-09-2025
9Was Thomas Skinner's Strictly exit a conspiracy to save BBC bosses 'a headache'? Star's dance partner Amy Dowden complains they missed out on higher-scoring routine as vote-off is branded a 'sigh of relief' for execs08.7206-10-2025
10Strictly's Amy Dowden reunites with judge Shirley Ballas and winning pro Carlos Gu after both dancers missed out on the show's tour08.6222-01-2026

Классификация: Спорт. Схожих патентов: 0. Схожих новостей: 10. Тональность: 0. Информативность: 11.92. Источник: www.dailymail.co.uk.