Вход на сайт

Просмотр новости

Найдите то, что Вас интересует

Teen boy among 6 dead including suspect in Michigan shootings; girl survived

Дата публикации: 15-08-2026 18:46:57

A teenage boy and four adults were killed Friday in shootings that prompted a wide search for the fleeing gunman, whose body was ultimately found in a wooded area alongside one of his victims, authorities said. A teenage girl survived and was in stable condition, police said.


Основное содержимое страницы с новостью.

A teenage boy and four adults were killed Friday in shootings that prompted a wide search for the fleeing gunman, whose body was ultimately found in a wooded area alongside one of his victims, authorities said. A teenage girl survived and was in stable condition, police said.

Chad Hickman, 39, was found dead after a wide search in Missaukee County, police said. Police released the ages and genders of the victims on Saturday but did not specify whether they were related to each other or the suspect.

Officers responded Friday morning to reports of a shooting at a home about 170 miles (270 kilometers) northwest of Detroit, where they found the bodies of a 16-year-old boy, a 45-year-old man and 40-year-old woman, and a 13-year-old girl in critical condition, Michigan State Police said.

Authorities say Hickman fled that scene, leading to a large-scale search. Police found the body of a 53-year-old man at a second home, and then a 29-year-old woman, dead alongside Hickman, in the woods. All the victims died of gunshot wounds, police said.

“This situation is heartbreaking for the community and challenging for the investigators involved,” Lt. Ashley Miller said in a Friday statement. Miller said Saturday the investigation is ongoing.

Hickman was convicted in 2024 of misdemeanor fourth-degree child abuse, according to court records. He was sentenced to one year in jail. In the same case, the court dismissed felony assault and criminal sexual conduct charges.

Gov. Gretchen Whitmer said Friday she was monitoring the situation. “My thoughts are with the victims, their families, and the Missaukee community,” she said.

Copyright © 2026 The Washington Times, LLC.

Схожие новости

#Наименование новостиТональностьИнформативностьДата публикации
1Teen boy among 6 dead including suspect in Michigan shootings; girl survived07.1115-08-2026
26 dead, including suspect, in Missaukee Co. shooting09.0715-08-2026
35 people killed in rural Michigan; suspect found dead08.6814-08-2026
4В Мичигане мужчина убил жену, шестерых детей и покончил с собой04.7627-07-2026
5Officials say man killed wife and 6 kids, then himself, before all were found in Michigan home fire07.5127-07-2026
6Officials say man killed wife and 6 kids, then himself, before all were found in Michigan home fire06.6427-07-2026
7Сотрудников ФБР направили в Мичиган для расследования обстоятельств стрельбы0014-02-2023
8Пять человек погибли в результате стрельбы в Мичигане06.7815-08-2026
9CNN: в стрельбе в церкви Мичигана пострадали несколько человек0028-09-2025
10Deputies: Some of 8 people found dead after fire had been shot07.4425-07-2026

Классификация: Происшествия. Схожих патентов: 0. Схожих новостей: 10. Тональность: 0. Информативность: 7.11. Источник: www.washingtontimes.com.