Вход на сайт

Просмотр новости

Найдите то, что Вас интересует

Pentagon hands Palantir up to $244M in no-bid work

Дата публикации: 13-08-2026 12:00:00

A memo orders agencies to find uses for the company's software, but is mute on the required justifications for sole-source work.

Основное содержимое страницы с новостью.

860x394.jpg?1786640200

Gettyimages.com/NurPhoto / Contributor

Nick Wakeman

By Nick Wakeman

Editor-in-Chief, Washington Technology

August 13, 2026

Palantir has secured another lucrative commitment from the Defense Department: a pledge to pay the company up to $243.9 million to use its software through March 31, 2027.

In a memo viewed by Washington Technology, Deputy Defense Secretary Steve Feinberg has directed DOD departments to identify options for more spending on Palantir products from April 1, 2027, and Dec. 28, 2028.

In the memo, Feinberg says Palantir's software is "providing valuable support to improve efficiencies with the defense industrial base"—for example, by flagging delays in munitions and delivery-vehicle production and maintenance.

Feinberg made no mention of specific contracts or vehicles.

The action follows a July award of a 10-year, $10 billion Army agreement that consolidated many of Palantir’s existing contracts into a single pact.

The Feinberg memo appears to be part of a trend in federal contracting, where no-compete contracts are growing as a percentage of all awards. No-compete contracts accounted for 14.8% of all awards in the first half of 2026, up from 12.6% for the period in 2025.

Federal News Radio reported that DOD said it has issued similar memos involving other companies.

No-compete contracts are allowed by the Federal Acquisition Regulation if agencies properly document why a sole-source contract is the best use of federal funds. Reasons for a no-compete contract can include urgency, only one responsible source, critical follow-on work, and national security.

Feinberg's memo mentions none of those reasons for directing the spending to Palantir.

Palantir's portfolio of no-compete contracts includes an Agriculture Department award for the One Farmer, One File program. The department also used Palantir's software for its return-to-the-office initiative.

According to GovTribe data, the company has received $3.2 billion in contract obligations since 2024, roughly half through no-compete contracts.

Last week, Palantir reported second-quarter revenues of $1.9 billion, up 93 percent year-over-year. Federal contracts accounted for $809 million of that, up 90 percent from last year.

Palantir is ranked No. 40 on the 2026 Washington Technology Top 100, rising 22 spots in a year.

Схожие новости

#Наименование новостиТональностьИнформативностьДата публикации
1Pentagon to solicit entrants for next giant cloud-service contract vehicle016.0411-08-2026
2Путин поручил подготовить предложения о доптребованиях к иностранным IT-компаниям0001-02-2021
3Under new management: the Pentagon’s autonomous systems get new oversight0502-07-2026
4Путин поручил проработать увеличение госзакупок отечественного программного обеспечения0006-07-2020
5Путин поручил заместить выпадающее финансирование IT-отрасли госзаказами0010-06-2020
6Путин поручил проработать меры поддержки градообразующих предприятий моногородов0008-06-2020
7Путин поручил до 15 мая продумать механизм обратного выкупа для ушедших брендов0019-04-2025
8Defense Business Brief: A radar-maker’s answer to the drone boom; the Army’s private capital appetite; One lawmaker’s caution for contractors0501-07-2026
9Путин поручил представить предложения по размещению центров обработки данных0015-12-2025
10РБК: МЭР предложило перевести стратегическую инфраструктуру на российское ПО0001-11-2019

Классификация: Экономика. Схожих патентов: 0. Схожих новостей: 10. Тональность: 0. Информативность: 13.29. Источник: www.defenseone.com.