“We are looking for new creative and unconventional ways to pressure and punish Iran,” CENTCOM wrote in a group email.
“We are looking for new creative and unconventional ways to pressure and punish Iran,” CENTCOM wrote in a group email.
The Pentagon is seen from above.Jen Golbeck/SOPA Images/LightRocket via Getty Images
Support justice-driven, accurate and transparent news — make a quick donation to Truthout today!
As the U.S. war on Iran enters its sixth month with no tactical end in sight, U.S. Central Command is reportedly crowdsourcing unorthodox methods to “punish Iran.”
“We are looking for new creative and unconventional ways to pressure and punish Iran,” an email to a broad group of military analysts from CENTCOM read, according to reporting from CNN.
Two anonymous sources confirmed CENTCOM’s method of asking for more ideas on how to end the war. It is highly unusual for crowdsourcing to be used in such situations, especially over group emails.
One of the sources speaking to the network attempted to defend the method, acknowledging the lack of ideas from the administration itself.
“You need creative minds at times — especially if you’re running out of conventional options,” that source said.
The email was sent prior to President Donald Trump’s threat to further bomb Iran over the weekend, which was quickly followed by Trump saying that such bombings were no longer necessary due to a dealmaking process that was supposedly unfolding.
If the administration reverses course yet again and begins another major bombing campaign, CIA assessments have concluded that such action would be unlikely to result in the peace deal or long-term conclusion to the war that Trump claims to be seeking.
Despite those assessments, the U.S. reportedly dropped a 2,000-pound bomb on Iran’s Qeshm Island last week. The bomb, called a Mark-84, landed on a home in a residential area, killing two parents and their 2-year-old child in the blast. Two other children in the family survived. If the U.S. was aiming to destroy residential, non-military targets, it would likely constitute a war crime.
Trump’s statements don’t indicate a clear direction for how he plans to proceed with the unsanctioned war. On Saturday, Trump wrote on Truth Social that the U.S. was “locked and loaded and ready to go” with more attacks against Iran, but also stated that he was holding off for now, citing “the perimeters of a deal” that had “been agreed to” by the two sides. His post also claimed that the deal would include the “Total OPENING OF THE HORMUZ STRAIT, and an end to Iran’s nuclear threat.”
On Sunday, Trump reiterated that talks between the U.S. and Iran were ongoing, voicing optimism regarding an end to the conflict. However, on Monday, Iranian leaders disputed that such direct talks were happening.
“We currently do not have negotiations with America,” Iran’s Foreign Ministry spokesperson Esmaeil Baghaei said.
After news of Baghaei’s statement broke, Trump posted a rant on Truth Social, lamenting what he called Iran’s “duplicitous” negotiation style. Wrote Trump:
They ask for a meeting, some would say ‘beg,’ talks begin, with more scheduled in the immediate future, and they say, openly and proudly, that they’re not having any discussions, that nothing is being talked about.
“Whether Iran wants to admit it or not, we are, in fact, talking of a solution to a problem that they have caused, for decades,” Trump claimed. “It is very simple, IRAN WILL NEVER HAVE A NUCLEAR WEAPON!”
However, this is hardly the first time that Trump has claimed negotiations or a deal has come about, only for discussions or an agreed-upon deal to later fall apart, with both sides restarting hostilities shortly after.
Truthout is funded almost entirely by readers — that’s why we can speak truth to power and cut against the mainstream narrative. But independent journalists at Truthout face mounting political repression under Trump.
We rely on your support to survive McCarthyist censorship. Please make a tax-deductible one-time or monthly donation.
| # | Наименование новости | Тональность | Информативность | Дата публикации |
|---|---|---|---|---|
| 1 | El inusual pedido del Pentágono en medio de la guerra entre EE. UU. e Irán: anuncian búsqueda de ideas 'creativas y poco convencionales' para luchar | 0 | 8.03 | 03-08-2026 |
| 2 | Experte fassungslos: USA suchen per Mail nach Ausweg im Iran | 0 | 17.81 | 06-08-2026 |
| 3 | Report: Trump set to lift all US sanctions on Iran | 5 | 7 | 06-05-2026 |
| 4 | US completes new wave of strikes on Iran: CENTCOM | 0 | 7 | 13-07-2026 |
| 5 | Iran War: Jordan Strike Shows Iran Intensifying War to Exhaust US Economy and Military; Trump Takes Bait by Retaliating | 0 | 5.97 | 30-07-2026 |
| 6 | At War With Iran Again, Trump Finds an Opponent He Cannot Easily Dominate | -2 | 6 | 14-07-2026 |
| 7 | Глава CENTCOM представил Трампу план двухнедельной операции против Ирана | 0 | 7.66 | 30-07-2026 |
| 8 | Saudi ruler pleads with Trump not to strike new Iran targets as Middle East teeters on the brink of all-out war | 0 | 7.6 | 02-08-2026 |
| 9 | Escalation trap: On the U.S. and the war with Iran | 0 | 6.12 | 23-07-2026 |
| 10 | Report: Trump holds Situation Room meeting on Iran | 0 | 5 | 15-07-2026 |